The University of Warwick's onsite Master’s in Public Health has been ranked 3rd in the UK and 16th in the world. We intend to uphold these high-quality standards in our new online MSc in Public Health. This programme is an interdisciplinary degree, drawing upon expertise across a wide range of subject areas, and seeks to explore the complexity of Public Health issues globally. It provides students with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate systematic knowledge and understanding in a wide range of public health areas.
In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, the study of public health has never been more critical. This programme ensures that you build an in-depth understanding of health policies, sociological implications, and global health concerns, and gain the skills required to address contemporary health issues affecting local governments, health education, the voluntary sector, and more.
We are now taking expressions of interest in this programme. Should levels of demand prove sufficient, this programme will launch in Spring 2021. Register your interest today
Master of Science
University of Warwick
Evidence of proficiency in the English language
Full employment in a medical practice throughout the duration of the programme
Medical or health-related science degree granted by a recognised institution
What will I study?
This 20-month online Masters in Public Health programme blends self-directed learning with Tutor-led team-based learning. Throughout the course, you'll engage in:
- Online group tutorials
- Tutor-moderated discussion forums
- Interactive case studies
- A reflective exercise
- Will help you become familiar with various study designs that are used in epidemiology. The module will cover the rationale for using each study design as well as the types of results produced.
- You will explore key statistical principles and techniques such as hypothesis testing and estimation including how to use these techniques to analyse and interpret epidemiological studies.
- An interdisciplinary module, drawing upon expertise across a wide range of subject areas and seeking to explore the complexity of Global Public Health issues.
- Students will explore key topics in disease prevention, screening and health protection.
The module will help you become familiar with approaches that are used in public health practice, including; health improvement, health protection and improving services.
The module aims to give students comprehensive knowledge and critique of key global health issues.
This module will enable students to develop a critically evaluative understanding of the key principles of management and leadership in healthcare contexts and be able to apply these in practice.
- Compare and contrast different paradigms and approaches to your research in Public Health.
- Your research-based professional project will culminate in a ‘conference ready’ poster presentation and article ready for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Graduates will receive a Master of Science from the prestigious University of Warwick, ranked 10th in the UK and 62nd in the world
- Designed and delivered by world-leading experts
- No need to take time away from work or travel to a classroom
- Local CME accreditation awarded
- Available anytime, anywhere, on any device
Ready to find out more?
Fill in the form below to receive the full program details, including pricing, funding and intake dates.