|Title||CATS / ECTS||Duration|
|Postgraduate Certificate||60 / 30||8 months|
|Postgraduate Diploma||120 / 60||12 months|
|Master of Science||180 / 90||22 months|
Distinguishing Features of the programme:
- Heavily focussed on 'Learning by doing' - Stimulating formative assessments and group work
- Interprofessional - this programme will welcome all HCWs
- Developed by international educators of the highest calibre.
- 'Assessment for Learning' rather than 'Assessment of Learning'
- Truly international: this programme prides itself on bringing together diverse clinicians from all over the globe.
- Reflective summative learning
- No final exam
- Safe - non-judgmental environment to learn within a culturally diverse group dynamic
- Evidence-based education
- Interactive, stimulating and most importantly Fun! with high touch points and group interaction to ensure engagement and low levels of attrition
Benefits for the graduate:
- A Masters in Medical Education is the currency for building a reputation in medical education.
- Eases the progression from Royal College member to fellow and aids with revalidation
- It is a pre-requisite to hold a minimum of a PgCert to become a teaching fellow in the Higher Education Authority
- Unique Training opportunity for individuals who want to develop expertise as medical educators
- Move beyond or combine a clinical career with a teaching career which will have a positive impact on career trajectory and remuneration
- Support the learning and development of more junior colleagues
- Understand new and emerging education and learning technologies
- Become a leader in medical education
- Contribute to the Medical Education Research Community
- Be exposed to global leaders in medical education
- Benefit from the 'outstanding' reputation of Warwick Medical School
- Network with a variety of like-minded professionals
- Access the unique iheed and Warwick Medical School medical education innovative Learning Platform
- Undertake a flexible mode of study
- Exit with a postgraduate diploma or masters qualification
- Expand your knowledge through both clinicians and education specialists
Participants on the Certificate / Diploma / MSc. in Medical Education will be recognised as effective clinical supervisors and motivators of student learning through the application of adult learning theory, evidence-based curriculum development and teaching, use of technology in education, assessment design and research methodology.
Master of Science, UK Level 7
University of Warwick
Evidence of proficiency in the English language
Hold a degree of relevance to the delivery of medical education granted by a recognised institution
Need to be actively engaged in Medical Education so that learnings can be applied
What will I study?
- Online group tutorials
- Stimulating Formative Assessments
- Summative Reflective Exercises
- Tutor-moderated discussion forums
- Introduction to teaching and learning in a healthcare setting
- Planning a teaching session
- Teaching and learning in different group structures/formats
- Professional development for teaching
- Assignment guidance tutorials & self-directed learning
- Examination and critique of published frameworks and models of ‘effective’ and ‘excellent’ teaching
- Key concepts and processes in curriculum design
- Models of interprofessional education and their evidence base
- Generic capabilities relating to teaching expertise (professional identity formation, team working, communication)
- Processes and methods of reflective practice
Current methods and directions in both formative and summative assessment of learning underpinning a programme of assessment will be explored, including:
- assessment tools
- standard-setting methods
- assessment of professionalism
- Needs analysis and selection of learning technology approaches/solutions
- Creating content using learning technologies for medical education
- Review of current issues surrounding the sharing of learning resources
- Review of social networking and collaborative learning
- Education delivery skills in a blended learning environment
- Design of suitable research question to inform selected topic.
- Methods for literature searching.
- Introduction to different types of research and how to apply them.
- Understand the role of ethical review and ethical principles in medical education research, including patient consent
- An introduction to management
- leadership and followership in multi-professional teams
- Leadership, management and followership within health service contexts
- Change management
- Team Dynamics
- The Master of Science covers: Literature searching, Formulating a research question, Study design, Writing a research protocol, Presenting a research protocol, Preparing a poster presentation, Critical writing and Writing for publication
- Your research-based professional project will culminate in a ‘conference ready’ poster presentation and article ready for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Graduates will receive a Master of Science from the prestigious University of Warwick, ranked 8th in the UK and 62nd in the world
- Graduates will be recognised as leaders who can mentor less experienced professionals
- Designed and delivered by world-leading experts
- No need to take time away from work or travel to a classroom
- Local CME accreditation awarded
- Available anytime, anywhere, on any device
Ready to find out more?
Fill in the form below to receive the full program details, including pricing, funding and intake dates.