Designed for experienced clinical professionals who have responsibility for education and training, this MSc. in Medical Education covers the principles and methods of teaching and learning and their application to healthcare. The programme provides you with the skills needed to plan and deliver successful teaching and learning sessions.
Taught by experienced clinicians and leading academics in the field of medical education, this programme will enhance your knowledge and skills as an educator and give you the confidence to apply them in your own professional practice.
This programme is accredited by the University of Warwick, ranked 9th in the United Kingdom and 62nd in the world.
Benefits for the graduate:
- Unique Training opportunity for individuals who want to develop expertise as medical educators
- Move beyond or combine a clinical career with a teaching career which will have a positive impact on career trajectory and remuneration
- Support the learning and development of more junior colleagues
- Understand new and emerging education and learning technologies
- Become a leader in medical education
- Contribute to the Medical Education Research Community
- Be exposed to global leaders in medical education
- Benefit from the 'outstanding' reputation of Warwick Medical School
- Network with a variety of like-minded professionals
- Access the unique iheed and Warwick Medical School medical education innovative Learning Platform
- Undertake a flexible mode of study
- Exit with a postgraduate diploma or masters qualification
- Expand your knowledge through both clinicians and education specialists.
Participants on the MSc. in Medical Education will be recognised as effective clinical supervisors and motivators of student learning through the application of adult learning theory, evidence-based curriculum development and teaching, use of technology in education, assessment design and research methodology.
We are now taking expressions of interest in this programme. Should levels of demand prove sufficient, this programme will launch in Autumn 2020. Register your interest today
Master of Science
University of Warwick
Evidence of proficiency in the English language
Full employment in a medical practice throughout the duration of the programme
Medical or health-related science degree granted by a recognised institution
What will I study?
This 20-month online Masters in Medical Education programme blends self-directed learning with Tutor-led team-based learning. Throughout the course, you'll engage in:
- Online group tutorials
- Tutor-moderated discussion forums
- Interactive case studies
- A reflective exercise
- Graduates will receive a Master of Science from the prestigious University of Warwick, ranked 9th in the UK and 62nd in the world
- Graduates will be recognised as leaders who can mentor less experienced professionals
- Designed and delivered by world-leading experts
- No need to take time away from work or travel to a classroom
- Local CME accreditation awarded
- Available anytime, anywhere, on any device
Ready to find out more?
Fill in the form below to receive the full program details, including pricing, funding and intake dates.