In the past decade, leaders in health professions education have recognised the need to further professionalise the standing of those with responsibility for clinical education. Ministries of Health, health regulators and healthcare organisations increasingly expect those with responsibility for teaching, mentoring and assessing clinicians to use evidence-based methodologies in education, leadership and research to underpin their activities.
This Postgraduate Certificate / Postgraduate Diploma / Master of Science in Medical Education for Healthcare Professionals from the University of Warwick (ranked 8th in the United Kingdom and 62nd in the world), offers an international and interprofessional experience to clinicians wishing to further their careers and become leaders in educating healthcare practitioners.
The programmes cover the principles and methods of teaching and learning and their application to healthcare. The programmes provide you with the skills needed to plan and deliver successful teaching and learning sessions. Taught by experienced clinicians and leading academics in the field of medical education, this programme will enhance your knowledge and skills as an educator and give you the confidence to apply them in your own professional practice. There are three exits:
|Title||CATS / ECTS||Duration|
|Postgraduate Certificate||60 / 30||6 months|
|Postgraduate Diploma||120 / 60||12 months|
|Master of Science||180 / 90||22 months|
Distinguishing Features of the programme:
- Heavily focussed on ‘Learning by doing’ – Stimulating formative assessments and group work
- Interprofessional – this programme will welcome all HCWs
- Developed by international educators of the highest calibre.
- ‘Assessment for Learning’ rather than ‘Assessment of Learning’
- Truly international: this programme prides itself on bringing together diverse clinicians from all over the globe.
- Reflective summative learning
- No final exam
- Safe – non-judgmental environment to learn within a culturally diverse group dynamic
- Evidence-based education
- Interactive, stimulating and most importantly Fun! with high touch points and group interaction to ensure engagement and low levels of attrition
Participants on the Postgraduate Certificate / Postgraduate Diploma / Master of Science in Medical Education for Healthcare Professionals will be recognised as effective clinical supervisors and motivators of student learning through the application of adult learning theory, evidence-based curriculum development and teaching, use of technology in education, assessment design and research methodology.
Ready to find out more?
Fill in the form below to receive the full program details, including pricing, funding and intake dates.
Why study online with iheed
Gain a fully accredited qualification
Our postgraduate programmes provide both specialist knowledge and a pathway to career advancement.
Learn from world-leading medical institutions
Learning from leading medical experts, you’ll have access to the most comprehensive and current clinical education.
Study around your work and life commitments
You're in control of your studies. Whether you’re between shifts or on your lunch break – access our flexible, accredited programmes online anytime, anywhere.