This policy was last updated on 12 December 18.
Commitment to Privacy
At iheed, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our website and those who request information about higher education & training programmes and courses. iheed is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology solutions that give you a powerful and safe online experience. This policy statement applies to the iheed website and data gathered via the iheed Online Learning environment (which is fundamentally Canvas by Instructure, as well as the supporting Canvas iOS and Android mobile apps). By using the iheed website or the iheed Online Learning Environment you consent to the data practices described in this statement. In this Privacy Statement, we’ve provided detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
The Information We Collect & Use
In this section we discuss the different types of information that we may collect about you and the ways in which this information may be collected.
Google Analytics and Click Dimensions
When someone visits https://www.iheed.org we use third party services, Google Analytics and Click Dimensions, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
When you first visit this website, you will see a message informing you about cookies. If you click the ‘Continue’ button, a cookie will be set which records your preference. After you click the ‘Continue’ button the cookies policy pop-up will no longer appear when you visit https://www.iheed.org.
Internet based advertising
We use LinkedIn, Google Search & Display, Facebook and Twitter advertising services and as such there are tracking codes installed on our website so that we can manage the effectiveness of these campaigns. We do not store any personal data within this type of tracking.
We retain the personal details you provide when you request information and/or apply for one of our programmes or courses. We use this information to provide relevant information and advice, including career/placement support, via email, phone calls, WhatsApp or SMS/Text message.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Retaining personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. At the time we no longer need your personal information for any business or legal purpose, we will securely delete your information.
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers. We will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We keep our Privacy Statement under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Privacy Statement was last updated on 25 May 2018 and is published in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
How to contact us
By email: email@example.com.
Or write to us at Privacy Officer, iheed, 7th Floor, Russell Building, Tallaght, D24DH74
Information We Collect from Unregistered Visitors
Information We Collect From Registered Users
When you register to take part in an iheed online training programme you are asked to provide identifying information such as your name, username & password, e-mail address, demographic information and other professional information (e.g., specialty/practice area). In some situations we may also request a telephone number or physical address (e.g., for distribution of certificates / diploma).
We may use your registration information to send you communications by e-mail about a training programme or potentially about additional iheed products and services.
Information We Collect From Students
If you participate in an iheed online training programme, some aggregated non-personally identifiable information about the activities you undertake is recorded (e.g., pages you visit), as well as information you provide voluntarily as a participant in the training programme, such as evidence of qualifications, assignments, quizzes, project work etc.
Information that you provide in connection with your participation in training activities/assignments may be used in several ways:
- iheed training programmes are accredited by our partner Medical Training Institutions/ Universities (e.g., the PGDip Diabetes in Primary Care programme is accredited by St George’s, University of London). As a result, iheed provides personally identifiable information to the accrediting bodies for their fulfillment of their reporting obligations. This information will include personally identifiable information about you and credits issued to you, for the purpose of maintaining records that you can request from the accredited provider for up to six (6) years.
- iheed staff members have access to files containing personally identifiable information, including evaluation forms and aggregated participant information. These files can be accessed in order to respond to your questions or comments. iheed may also use personally identifiable information, including registration information and evaluation data, in assessing educational needs and evaluating their education activities.
- iheed Tutors have access to all assignment and project work you submit during the course of a training programme.
Additional Uses of Information
- Discussion Forums: When you post a message to a discussion forum, your basic profile will be available to all users of the forum. You may choose to display additional information in your profile (e.g., photo). You should not post any private information about yourself or any other person (including any patient) to a discussion board or other public forum. Information you post to discussion boards is considered public information and may be collected and used by others.
- Conversations/Messages: Messages and conversations (i.e., a chain messages on the same subject) may be sent to individuals or groups within the iheed Online Learning Environment. Messages and conversations are considered private and will not be read by iheed.
- Social Networking Platforms: You may connect and share information with certain social networking platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter). By choosing to use these Social Networking Platforms, you authorise iheed to share information with the Social Networking Platform.
- Subscriptions: iheed provides licensed access to third party content & services such as journals, apps, animations and imagery. In such cases log in information will be passed from the iheed Online Learning Environment to the third party website or platform to facilitate access to the licensed content.
- Other Websites: iheed encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the iheed Online Learning Environment so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. iheed is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the iheed website or iheed Online Learning Environment.
- Third Parties: iheed may share your data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you an e-mail or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to iheed, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Legal Requirements: iheed may release account and other personally identifiable information when we believe release (1) is required to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) is reasonable in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your personally identifiable information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law, court order or government instruction.
- iheed does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
The iheed Anti-Bribery Policy can be found here.
Security of your Personal Information
iheed secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. iheed secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, no security system is impenetrable. We do not warrant the security of our servers, nor do we warrant that your information, including Personal Information, will be completely secure or not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
We also protect your information by requiring that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
We use security methods to determine the identity of registered users, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. We use both passwords and usernames to authenticate users. Users are responsible for maintaining their own passwords.
The iheed website use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie originally.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the iheed websites.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The iheed website and iheed Online Learning Environment are intended for use by adults, and are not intended for, nor designed to be used by children under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we know is under the age of 18.
Access to Information
You have the right to access your information held by iheed and where necessary, to have it amended. You can also request not to receive marketing information from iheed.
If you believe that there are errors in the registration information associated with your account, you may edit your personal profile any time on the iheed Online Learning Environment.
Changes to this Statement
iheed reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted to the iheed website and Online Learning Environment unless we advise you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. iheed encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how iheed is protecting your information.