This policy was last updated on 27 February 18.
Commitment to Privacy
iheed is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology solutions that give you a powerful and safe online experience. This policy statement applies to the iheed website and data gathered via the iheed Online Learning environment (which is fundamentally Canvas by Instructure, as well as the supporting Canvas iOS and Android mobile apps). By using the iheed website or the iheed Online Learning Environment you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
The Information We Collect & Use
In this section we discuss the different types of information that we may collect about you and the ways in which this information may be collected.
Information We Collect from Unregistered Visitors
Information We Collect From Registered Users
When you register to take part in an iheed online training programme you are asked to provide identifying information such as your name, username & password, e-mail address, demographic information and other professional information (e.g., specialty/practice area). In some situations we may also request a telephone number or physical address (e.g., for distribution of certificates / diploma).
We may use your registration information to send you communications by e-mail about a training programme or potentially about additional iheed products and services or the products and services of our third party partners or accrediting institutions.
Information We Collect From Students
If you participate in an iheed online training programme, some aggregated non-personally identifiable information about the activities you undertake is recorded (e.g., pages you visit), as well as information you provide voluntarily as a participant in the training programme, such as evidence of qualifications, assignments, quizzes, project work etc.
Information that you provide in connection with your participation in training activities/assignments may be used in several ways:
- iheed training programmes are accredited by our partner Medical Training Institutions/ Universities (e.g., the PGDip Diabetes in Primary Care programme is accredited by St George’s, University of London). As a result, iheed provides personally identifiable information to the accrediting bodies for their fulfillment of their reporting obligations. This information will include personally identifiable information about you and credits issued to you, for the purpose of maintaining records that you can request from the accredited provider for up to six (6) years.
- iheed staff members have access to files containing personally identifiable information, including evaluation forms and aggregated participant information. These files can be accessed in order to respond to your questions or comments. iheed may also use personally identifiable information, including registration information and evaluation data, in assessing educational needs and evaluating their education activities.
- iheed Tutors have access to all assignment and project work you submit during the course of a training programme.
Additional Uses of Information
- Discussion Forums: When you post a message to a discussion forum, your basic profile will be available to all users of the forum. You may choose to display additional information in your profile (e.g., photo). You should not post any private information about yourself or any other person (including any patient) to a discussion board or other public forum. Information you post to discussion boards is considered public information and may be collected and used by others.
- Conversations/Messages: Messages and conversations (i.e., a chain messages on the same subject) may be sent to individuals or groups within the iheed Online Learning Environment. Messages and conversations are considered private and will not be read by iheed.
- Social Networking Platforms: You may connect and share information with certain social networking platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter). By choosing to use these Social Networking Platforms, you authorise iheed to share information with the Social Networking Platform.
- Subscriptions: iheed provides licensed access to third party content & services such as journals, apps, animations and imagery. In such cases log in information will be passed from the iheed Online Learning Environment to the third party website or platform to facilitate access to the licensed content.
- Other Websites: iheed encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the iheed Online Learning Environment so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. iheed is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the iheed website or iheed Online Learning Environment.
- Third Parties: iheed may share your data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you an e-mail or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to iheed, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Legal Requirements: iheed may release account and other personally identifiable information when we believe release (1) is required to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) is reasonable in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your personally identifiable information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law, court order or government instruction.
- iheed does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Security of your Personal Information
iheed secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. iheed secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, no security system is impenetrable. We do not warrant the security of our servers, nor do we warrant that your information, including Personal Information, will be completely secure or not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
We also protect your information by requiring that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
We use security methods to determine the identity of registered users, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. We use both passwords and usernames to authenticate users. Users are responsible for maintaining their own passwords.
The iheed website use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie originally.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the iheed websites.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The iheed website and iheed Online Learning Environment are intended for use by adults, and are not intended for, nor designed to be used by children under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we know is under the age of 18.
Access to Information
You have the right to access your information held by iheed and where necessary, to have it amended. You can also request not to receive marketing information from iheed.
If you believe that there are errors in the registration information associated with your account, you may edit your personal profile any time on the iheed Online Learning Environment.
Changes to this Statement
iheed reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted to the iheed website and Online Learning Environment unless we advise you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. iheed encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how iheed is protecting your information.