- User Warrants and Representations
- User SubmissionsExcept as provided under Submission of Ideas (below), iheed does not claim ownership of any information or material a user provides to iheed or posts, uploads, inputs, submits, or transmits to this Site (“Submission”). You agree that you will not make any Submission that is, in whole or in part, libellous; scandalous; inflammatory; discriminatory; defamatory; false; threatening; vulgar; obscene; pornographic; profane; abusive; harassing; invasive of another’s privacy; hateful or bashing; aimed at gender, race, colour, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views, or disability; in violation of local, state, national, or international law; or that infringes on, or violates, any right of any party. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) make any Submission that is an advertisement or solicitation of business; (b) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or make a Submission unrelated to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form); (c) post a chain letter or pyramid scheme; (d) impersonate another person; (e) distribute viruses or other harmful computer code; (f) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; (g) post the same note more than once (or “spamming”); or (h) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which, in the judgment of iheed, exposes iheed or any of its licensors, partners, or customers to any liability or detriment of any type.
- By making a Submission, you agree that such Submission is non-confidential, non-proprietary, and may be disseminated or used by iheed. If you make a Submission, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted, iheed a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the Submission in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, iheed is not required to use any Submission.
- Submission of Ideasiheed policy is to not accept or review unsolicited ideas or suggestions from persons outside the Company. Notwithstanding such policy, any ideas, suggestions, know-how, or concepts that are offered or communicated to iheed through this Site or otherwise shall be the property of iheed, and may be treated by iheed as non-confidential information. iheed shall have the unrestricted right to use and disclose such ideas, suggestions, know-how or concepts for any purpose without compensation or obligation to any party.
- Offers or PromotionsAny and all offers or promotions advertised on this Site are void where prohibited and are subject to the posting of any official rules to such offers or promotions.
- Payments terms for studentsShort Courses, Professional Diploma and Specialised Diploma Courses:
Students will be granted access to online content once course fees have been paid in full.
The Masters and Postgraduate Diploma students may also avail of flexible payment options
- Option 1:€1,000 Deposit and two semester payments
- Option 2:€1,000 Deposit and 10 monthly instalments
- Option 1:€1,000 Deposit and three semester payments
- Option 2:€1,000 Deposit and 16 monthly instalments
Students undertaking the post graduate diplomas or masters programmes may be granted access to the programme content once they have paid the €1,000 deposit and either paid for their first semester or established a subscription on the iheed electronic payments system.
Students must have be up to date on each semester payment or they will be prohibited from taking the end of semester examinations. Failure to make payments will result in the student being withdrawn from the programme and access to the class network and iheed online learning environment being revoked. All fees paid up to this point are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Start dateAccess to the orientation module of your programme is granted one month prior to the commencement of term once the deposit and first semester installment or subscription fee is paid. You will be notified of your official start date by the iheed academic affairs department on your official offer letter.
- DeferralsStudents who wish to defer their participation on an online course may do so in extreme circumstances for a maximum period of 12 months for Postgraduate and Masters students and a maximum period of 6 months for Professional Diploma students. Deferrals may only be applied to students who have paid the full course fees and are at the discretion of iheed. Course participation will not be deferred while an outstanding fee remains on the student account.
- RefundsDeposit Refund Policy
This is to certify that any deposit paid to iheed, by a student or third party, is fully refundable, prior to the commencement of the programme in the following circumstances:
- Where the accrediting university has not approved the application of the candidate
- Where the student does not meet with the academic entry criteria or English language proficiency
- Extenuating circumstance: in the event of a family bereavement or occurrence of exceptional gravity, a refund may be awarded at the discretion of iheed
- Force majeure: where both parties are freed from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term act of God prevents one or both parties, from fulfilling their obligations under the contract.
Tuition Fee Refund Policy
Tuition Fee Refunds will only be granted in extenuating circumstances rendering the student incapable of continuing with the programme. Refunds are at the sole discretion of iheed. Extenuating circumstances refer to unforeseen events which may affect a student’s ability to complete their course. Foreseen events such as sporting, cultural or work commitments are not considered extenuating circumstances. Supporting documentation e.g. medical certificate, police statement etc. must be provided. In such circumstance deferral may be offered as an alternative. The amount refunded will be in proportion to how far you have progressed through the course. Please allow a minimum of 7 weeks for a refund to be processed.
- Scholarships and Discounts
Please note iheed scholarships and discounts are not eligible to be combined. In the instance that an applicant has secured one or more scholarship offer or discount, they will receive the scholarship or discount of greater financial gain.
- Refusaliheed reserves the right to refuse tuition fees and reserves the right to deny any applications.
- DisputesThe European Commission has provided an ODR website to help traders and consumers resolve disputes out of court
- Cooling off periodStudents are entitled to a cooling off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that a student is provided with their offer letter and pays their deposit and accepts iheed academic terms and conditions.
If a student decides they do not want to commence the course during this period a refund may be granted. A student may express their right to cancel via email or post. On this expression a full refund will be issued without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days.
Once the iheed Online Learning Environment is accessed by a student, this is indication of use of service and express acceptance of the above terms and conditions, and as a result no refunds will be issued at that point, even within the standard cooling off period of 14 days.
- Hyperlinks from the Site
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites and webpages (“Third-Party Pages”), as well as to text, graphics, videos, images, music, sounds, and information belonging to or originating from other third-parties (collectively, “Third-Party Applications”). iheed does not investigate, monitor, or review any Third-Party Pages or Third-Party Applications to ensure their accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness. iheed is not responsible for the Third-Party Pages or any Third-Party Applications accessed through the Site. The inclusion of any hyperlinks to any Third-Party Pages or Third-Party Applications on the Site does not indicate iheed’s approval or endorsement thereof. If you choose to leave the Site to access any Third-Party Pages or Third-Party Applications, you do so at your own risk.
- Liability of iheed and Its Licensors and Partners
The use of the Site or the Contents is at your own risk. The Contents in the Site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. iheed may make changes or improvements at any time.
- THE CONTENTS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, iheed DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. iheed DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. iheed DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THE CONTENTS IN THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT iheed) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
- Your Account
If you use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, if applicable, and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. iheed reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in its sole discretion
- Applicable Laws
- Notice and Take Down Procedures
If you believe any Submission accessible on or from the Site infringes your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this Site by contacting iheed (address identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorised version of the work.
- Identification of the Submission that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the Submission, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the Submission.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and (if available) email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained-of use of the work is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that ‘under penalty of perjury,’ you are the copyright owner or authorised representative.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorised representative.
Our address for copyright issues relating to the Site is as follows:
Trinity College Institute of Population Health (IPH),
Russell Building, Cross West,
Rep. of Ireland
- In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, iheed maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of this Site who are repeat infringers.
- TerminationWe may suspend or terminate your accounts or cease providing you with all or part of the iheed Service at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; or (iii) our provision of the Service and the iheed online learning environment is no longer commercially viable. In such a termination event, the license granted hereunder shall automatically terminate. In all such cases, the Terms shall terminate.
Further, if you stop using the Service for more than 60 days, your accounts may be deleted and iheed assumes no responsibility for Content deleted following inactivity. If you wish to delete your iheed account(s) in their entirety(ies), you may contact us via email@example.com and specify which iheed account(s) you wish to delete. We will delete your specified accounts within a reasonable time, unless prohibited by law.
Nothing in this Section shall affect iheed’s rights to change, limit, or stop the provision of the Service without prior notice.