Women represent the cornerstone of a family’s overall health, ensuring they have access to quality care also can lead to improved health for children and families. Women bear exclusive health concerns, such as breast cancer, cervical cancer, menopause, and pregnancy. Women suffer higher heart attack deaths compared to men. Depression and anxiety exhibit more frequently among female patients. With these unique presentations, women require clinicians with dedicated and up to date skills.
This Royal College of Physicians of Ireland Professional Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, delivered in conjunction with iheed, is a nine-month online programme, designed specifically to cater for busy healthcare professionals. Drawing on the expertise of national and international experts in obstetrics and gynaecology, the programme provides learners with advanced knowledge and skills to enhance the health of women.
The objective is to give a solid grounding in the management of common and important obstetrics and gynaecological issues.
The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
Evidence of proficiency in the English language
Hold a medical or nursing degree granted by a recognised institution
Be involved in clinical practice throughout the duration of the programme
What will I study?
- History taking, examination and communication
- Physiology and Embryology
- Drugs in Pregnancy
- Early Pregnancy
- Routine Antenatal Care
- Antenatal complications
- High risk/maternal medicine care
- Labour and Birth
- Postnatal Care
- Disorders of menstruation
- Sexually Transmitted Infection, Vaginal discharge, Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- HRT & menopause
- Benign gynaecology
- Cervical and Endometrial cancers
- Ovarian and vulval cancers
- Introduction to Systems Thinking
and Human Factors
- Patient Safety
- Person (Professional) Factors
- Work System Factors
- Patient Factors
- Work Process Factors
- Measurement, Adaptation and
- External Environment Factors
Upon completion of this programme, you will:
- have enhanced confidence in the diagnosis, treatment, management and care of female patients.
- provide optimal health services for women.
- communicate respectfully and effectively with women of all ages.
- act as a patient advocate and coordinator of care for female patients across the continuum of female care
- have exposure to research and current scientific evidence relating to OBGYN
- have access to an evolving community of global leaders in women’s health
Ready to find out more?
Fill in the form below to receive the full program details, including pricing, funding and intake dates.